When: Monday, July 1 – Friday, August 9 (6 weeks), 3 workshop sessions
The Louisiana Biomedical Research Network (LBRN) is happy to announce registration for the second Summer Bioinformatics Training Program – a collaboration between LBRN and the LSU Center for Computation and Technology (CCT). The Summer Bioinformatics Training Program will focus on transcriptomics data and will support an independent or team project with workshops, online materials and a hackathon. The topics we will cover include finding and evaluating Next Generation Sequencing data, data acquisition, quality control, processing, differential analysis and interpretation.
Opening session: July 1, 2019 (Monday, 10AM – 1PM)
Review Session: July 22, 2019 (Monday, 10 AM – 1PM)
Hackathon: August 9, 2019 (Friday, 10AM – 1PM)
After completing the workshop participants will be able to:
- Transfer sequencing data onto a server
- Perform quality control on raw sequencing data
- Pre-process and filter sequencing reads for further analysis
- Map sequencing reads to the relevant reference genome
- Quantify transcript abundance and estimate transcript expression
- Perform statistical analysis to identify differential expression among samples, conditions or treatments
The entire summer program will be delivered remotely including all sessions and review workshops. The program costs will be covered by LBRN for LBRN PUI campuses and LSU CCT for LCU faculty, postdoctoral fellows and students. Limited number of applicants will be accepted on a first come first serve basis. Interested parties need to register at the following website as soon as possible.
Registration deadline: June 24, 2019