The role of big data is becoming increasingly important in all aspects of biomedical research. The “Introduction to Big Data in Life Sciences” is a program for students, researchers and teachers of life sciences who are interested in learning about the role of big data in biology. You can learn about the role of data in biology without being in bioinformatician. You also do not need any background in coding to take this 15-day program. Anyone with an interest in During the program we will use terms related to molecular or cell biology and data science domains. The program will introduce you to the next-generation sequencing and computational technologies that are important in biomedical research, biotechnology and also agrobiology. You will also be introduced to the high-performance computing tools that biologists use for data analysis.
- History of Omics Data and its significance in Life Sciences
- Big Data Challenges and Opportunities in Life Sciences
- Examples of NGS data: Mutation Variants, Gene Expression, Metagenomics
- Introduction to Biostatistics Methods and Data Science
- Introduction to Data Mining and Machine Learning
- Functional Annotation and Biological Interpretation
Watch this video to learn more about this program:
Program membership cost (per student): $25
Early Bird: $20 (Applicable till Feb 20th). Use the code “AFRICA2020” at the payment checkout page.
Payment link: https://edu.t-bio.info/organizations/omicslogic-nigeria/
Register for the program here: https://edu.tbioinfo.com/omicslogic-nigeria-2020
Benefits of this online/offline program:
- Instructor support,
- Tracking of student progress
- Access to all resources and materials online for self-paced learning,
- Access to expert guidance and problem-solving
- Student project evaluation and advice,
- Public domain data analysis on our big data server for 15 days (server.t-bio.info).
- Certificate for all participants
- Dr. Voke Toye – Dr. Voke Toye is the Founder and Managing Consultant at Biologix Support Services Ltd. The company offers training in Genomics, Bioinformatics, and Pipette Management and Calibration Services in Nigeria. She has a Ph.D. in Cell Biology and Genetics.
- Dr. Jo Calihan – Dr. Jo Calihan is the Curriculum Developer with Pine Biotech. He has a Ph.D. in Biochemistry from Texas Tech University.
- Darko Medin – Darko Medin is a Machine Learning Content Developer and Data Scientist. MSc, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences. He also specializes in Clinical studies and Bio-Statistics. He is a member of the International Statistical Engineering Association, R math models expert and Biomedical researcher from Montenegro.
- Dr. Mohit Mazumder – Dr. Mohit Mazumder is the Director of Business Development at Pine Biotech. He has a Ph.D. in Computational Chemistry & Biology with 10 years of expertise in Structural biology, Computational modeling of biological systems, protein engineering and dynamics, long-range molecular dynamics simulations, implementation of AI/ML (clustering and classification algorithms), Web server development and coding/compiling & molecular graphics & visualizations.
Who can apply for this program?
This program is available to anyone interested in learning about big data bioinformatics, biology, and data science. Anyone with a keen interest in biological sciences is welcome to join the program. Also, this program is available only to everyone in Africa. We believe that this program will make Bioinformatics in Nigeria more accessible.
Register today: https://edu.tbioinfo.com/omicslogic-nigeria-2020